[MPlayer-users] (Feature request?) X,Y positioning in conjunction with -rootwin

Marc marc at osknowledge.org
Wed Aug 21 08:04:02 CEST 2002

Hi all!

First of all, I would like to thank all of the developers for such a
great piece of software. I never experienced any problem with MPlayer.
Neither at compile- nor at run-time. MPlayer simply rocks!

Now, to "come back" to me question ... is it possible to set X and Y
position in conjunction with the -rootwin option? As the movie always
plays in the middle of the window (this place is actually is reserved for doing
my work :) ) it's kind of impossible to watch a movie in the root window
while doing some stuff. In case one would be able to set the X,Y
position to ie. 20,1100 he/she could watch the movie in the lower left
corner of the window. Well, parts will probably be hidden by one or more
windows but it would be much better than centering it in the middle of
the screen. Not anyone (including me :( ) has directfb with these cool
translucent windows...

Thanks for any response and keep up the *very* good work,
Marc