[MPlayer-users] strange movie file question

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Aug 30 17:34:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Hence, what is wmp doing that is special and is that a feature or a bug?
new feature. it checks for errors probably.
old wmp 6.4 at least crashed hard from broken mpegs on win98.

> a) the video file (95M in size but I can ftp it)
yes

> b) a full bug report from my machine
no

> @@@ libmpeg2 returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@ 4%  4%  1.6% 0 0 0%

does your mac port support longjmp()? nice.
then why does it segfaults? mayeb the audio codec? try wiht -nosound.

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: video_read_frame
hmm. no. the demuxer!?
i want that file.

anyway you could try -vc ffmpeg12, it handles errors better so less visible
artifacts but is slower due to this.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team