[MPlayer-users] PVA format demuxing

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Aug 31 13:14:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

this belongs to -dev-eng list btw not -users

> detected as a MPEG-ES file and played correctly by MPlayer. The audio
> file is not played by MPlayer, which actually finds an audio stream but
> complains about "MPEG: Missing video stream..." and exits. It is played
> OK by XMMS.

mplayer expects video in mpeg-ps/pes format.
mplayer cannot play audio-only files except some special formats like .mp3
.ogg, .wav and .wma

> The question here is: once I can correctly obtain a MPEG-ES containing
> video (if needed, paired with PTS's) and a MPEG-PES containing only
> audio, what is a clean way to write a demuxer?
> More specifically, whom do I feed these 2 streams to, and (if it's not
> too much of a hassle) how?

teh problem is that you need double demuxing
1. demux .pva to mpeg-es video and mpeg-pes audio
2. demux mpeg-pes audio

Albeu implemented such thing, for the ogg-in-avi thing, but i don't really
know how does it work, anyway it should be easy to implement.
At first step the mpeg demuxer should be extended to allow audio-only.
or you just can implement a demuxer which does the mpeg pes->es conversion
so you can avoid this mess with multiple demuxers.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team