[MPlayer-users] Re: Encoding quality advices

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Dec 1 17:14:03 CET 2002

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 04:23:52PM +0100, Rémi Guyomarch wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 02:52:11PM +0100, Haas Wernfried wrote:
> > on the other hand, the question is, if people like me just shouldn't use
> > mencoder but some frontend (with presets) and leave mencoder alone ;)
>
> There are a few "one button" GUI ripping tools in the Win* world. You
> should try one of them.
wuhaaa!
thanks for the suggestion, but i'll rather work through every encoding
howto even if it means hundreds hours of work before i am going to install
windows ;)
as i said, a preset might be useful for those who don't want to go to
that deep into encoding science and still would like some good recommended
settings. right now i am encoding with the default/recommended settings
as they are in the manpage, which is quite like a preset anyway.

regards,
	wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/