[MPlayer-users] mplayer and tvout on nvidia

Lethal Weapon lethalwp at tiscali.be
Sun Dec 1 22:45:03 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 00:35, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a nvidia-card in my system and tried today the programm nvtv. The
> picture quality with that is very good and I heard that xine makes use of
> nvtv as a plugin, so if xine is started in fullscreen the monitor switches
> off and the output goes to the tv. Now I wonder if something similar is or
> could be done for mplayer ?!

start another X that uses the tv output

( X :1 -layout tv ; or startx -- :1 -layout tv )

then DISPLAY=:1.0 mplayer -fs stuff.avi

the readme.txt of www.nvidia.com drivers is very well done and very
useful

an example of some tv layout on:

http://lethalwp.dyndns.org/~lethalwp/files/XF86Config-4

I prefer 2 xservers than 1 with twinview since twinview doesn't appear
to give me the same output quality

greetz,
	ltwp