[MPlayer-users] fbdev video output displays output offscreen

Daniel Brewer d.brewer at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Dec 3 13:14:02 CET 2002

Hi there,

I am using the kernel framebuffer (vesafb) for my consoles and I am
trying to get mplayer to work with it.  I am using quite a high
resolution console 1200x768 (I think) with 32 bit colour.  The problem
is that the majority of the output appears offscreen.  The funny thing
is that the first time  use mplayer it displays the movie in the centre
of the screen but after that it goes off the screen.

Anyway round this??

Also is there any other non-X video output drivers I could try.  I have
tried to install directfb but had problems getting that working.

Thanks

Daniel Brewer