[MPlayer-users] Which file contains the subtitles?

Roger Andreassen fgrandsen at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:36:02 CET 2002

>The subtitles are in the vobs; try with
>
>mplayer filename.vob -sid 0
>
>or -sid 1 or 2 etc.

Thanks (it became apparant by the size of the sizes)

> > Sorry if I seem blunt but this is the first _movie_ title I've ever
> > tried
> > viewing in Linux...
>Then,perhaps, you must read the man page and documentation.html in DOCS

Been there a lot. You should give me cred for compiling, cat * |-ing,
impressive docs btw but didn't help me out.

So i tossed lotsa random switches and wait for results.

mplayer -sid 5 -dvd 3 did the trick. Why is my national nr. 5 and why did
'-slang no' give me danish subs?