[MPlayer-users] Mplayer under larswm

Frank Boehme f.boehme at cs.ucc.ie
Tue Dec 3 18:06:02 CET 2002

Hi,

I am currently not on the ML. So please excuse me if that has been asked
before, but the ML archive appears not to be searchable, i.e.
http://mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/htsearch?restrict=/mplayer-users/ always
gives no hits, no matter what I type. Perhaps a browser issue (I am on
netscape 4.7)?

Anyway, is anybody using mplayer with -vo xv under the window manager
larswm (IMO, larswm is the coolest thing since the big bang)? There are
some issues with full screen mode. Under XFree86 v. 4.2.0, it worked
with the switch

-fsmode-dontuse nm

where nm is an even number between 16 and 30. If that switch was not
specified, the output window is always covered by larswm's two
superimposed desktops (the "tiled" and the "untiled" one). Other output
modes (like -vo sdl) do not require this switch.

Ok, but now I had to upgrade to XFree86 4.2.1 because I had some
problems with glx/dri (SiS 630 chipset). Now, I do have hardware
accelerated 3D without machine lock ups and with mplayer I have direct
rendering, but fullscreen Xv output does not work anymore under larswm.
Other apps with Xv output (lilke xawtv) do work under larswm and X v.
4.2.1.

Does anybody know a fix?

TIA,

Frank
Dr Frank Boehme                      | Email: f.boehme at cs.ucc.ie
National University of Ireland, Cork | phone: +353-21-4903163
Dept of Computer Science             |   fax: +353-21-4903113
Cork, Ireland                        |

Please avoid mailing Word or Power Point attachments.