[MPlayer-users] (no subject)

mplayer at pennypacker.org mplayer at pennypacker.org
Wed Dec 4 21:13:02 CET 2002

Hi all,

I just installed mplayer 0.90pre10 from the RPMs on the website and for the
most part I'm extremely happy with it.  There is one thing that is starting
to annoy me a little bit and I'm wondering if there is any way around it,
or if I should submit a request for a feature in a future version.

Here's the deal.  My linux system has two monitors hooked up to it and I
run X and gnome across both monitors.  So the "center" of my video screen
is right where the two monitors sit next to each other.  I run all my
applications on either the left monitor or the right monitor because trying
to read or view images while split between the two is very frustrating.
Unfortunately it seems that gmplayer always resets itself to the center
of the screen whenever I open a new file to play.  I would MUCH rather have
it open up to the last position where I had dragged the player.  It's getting
tiring very quickly having to drag the player every single time I start
playing a new file.  So is there any way of forcing mplayer to start up
and "center" itself somewhere other than the actual center of the screen?
I looked through the documentation on the web site but couldn't find anything
that seemed to deal with this.  I'd be happy if I could just specify the
X and Y coordinates for the player in the configuration file.

Thanks!

-Bruce