[MPlayer-users] Little subtitle question (problem?)

Andre Hinrichs andre at gandalf.andre-hinrichs.de
Thu Dec 5 18:32:02 CET 2002

Hi all!

I just bought the DVD "Traffic" and wanted to rip it.
First I watched it by my DVD-Player on TV and saw that the first minutes were
in spanish with subtitles and after a few minutes the language changes and
subtitles vanish.
Ok. Then I tried to get the same with mplayer.
mplayer says that 5 subtitles (sid 0-4) are on that DVD so I tried subtitle 0
to 4...
Hmmm... not what I wanted.
I tried more sids and found sid 7 is the one I need.

Now the question:

Why does mplayer not see this subtitle id?

Greetings
Andre