[MPlayer-users] Distorted image when playing with -vo xv

January Weiner 3 jweiner1 at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Dec 5 18:48:02 CET 2002

Hello,
	INSTALLATION: mplayer version pre10, system Linux / SuSE 8.1 with
	XFree 4.2.0
	SYMPTOM: bad image quality when using the -vo xv option.

	I have problems playing AVI files with the default -vo xv video
output.  My video card is quite venerable, Chips & Technologies F65554, but
it supports Xvideo (as found out by xvinfo), and the corresponding XFree
module is loaded as well.
	When files are played, the image looks distorted.  Though motions
and objects can be the distinguished, they consists of black, blue, red and
green rectangles, smaller in regions which change quicker, larger in the
regions which remain the same from frame to frame.  Audio is OK, and no
errors are being reported.

	Thanks in advane for any clues.

	Regards,
	j.

It might look like I'm doing nothing,
but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.