[MPlayer-users] Problems with Xv (was: NODAEMON Sony Digital Camera)

January Weiner 3 jweiner1 at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Dec 10 13:33:02 CET 2002

Cześć,

> > You will laugh, but it is a Chipset & Technologies F65554, with only 2 MB
> > video RAM.  Now, this might not be the daemon of speed, but it seems to
> > be enough for most of my purposes (i.e. watching movies from my digital
> > cam) on my Slowshiba Portege notebook.  There seems to be Xvideo support
> > (as checked with xvinfo and from XFree logs; besides, mplayers *plays*
> > the movies with -vo xv option, albeit with funny colors).
>
> A bug in the xv driver, most probably. What are the resolutions of those
> movies? Does it happen with all movies or just some? Maybe the Xv driver

All movies look alike in this mode.

> cannot handle odd movie resolutions?

Hm.  I've tried my avi files from digicam, and downloaded some simple mpegs
and a trailer ("The Cathedral") in divx, I have been changing the movie
resolutions, I have played with the options.  It's all the same, and
independently of any other options I've tried.

OK, so if it's a buggy driver, then what should I do next?  I've read the
bugreport.html, I have posted my problem to mplayer-users(*), but maybe I
could be of some more help?  I'm afraid that there are not many users who
are interested in running this particular video output on this particular
chip, which was used, I think, mainly in the 300 - 310 models of Toshiba
Portege.  Which is quite obsolate hardware...

Regards,

January

(*) OK, so I messed up the subject, sorry.

Jedna nieprzespana noc, trochę wódki - i człowiek zaczyna żyć...