[MPlayer-users] Problems with Xv (was: NODAEMON Sony Digital Camera)

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Tue Dec 10 17:09:02 CET 2002

On 02.12.10 January Weiner 3 pressed the following keys:

> OK, so if it's a buggy driver, then what should I do next?  I've read the
> bugreport.html, I have posted my problem to mplayer-users(*), but maybe I
> could be of some more help?  I'm afraid that there are not many users who
> are interested in running this particular video output on this particular
> chip, which was used, I think, mainly in the 300 - 310 models of Toshiba
> Portege.  Which is quite obsolate hardware...

There's nothing to do except to harass Toshiba for better Linux support for
this chipset. Described behaviour in other modes of operation suggests
that it is some serious problem with XFree86 drivers so bugging mplayer
developers with it won't help. And there's quite large chance that you
will be flamed ;)

The solution: live with it or change the notebook ;)

Robert

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35