[MPlayer-users] MPlayer and Quicktime

Andreas Boman aboman at midgaard.us
Tue Dec 10 19:32:12 CET 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 03:15, Arpi wrote:

> hmm. i can't imagine why does it fails anyway. maybe some silly security
> patches/features in the kernel? (it reminds me to l3codeca.acm problems)

Well, the kernel Im running is heavily patched, im looking into whats
happening there atm.. (easier said than done ;)

> or maybe problems with /dev/zero access rights, high-mem kernel options, etc.

/dev/zero perms are fine, VirtualAlloc() would complain if they
werent... and CONFIG_HIGHMEM is not set in this kernel either.

> > mmap _without_ MAP_FIXED succeeds. from there stuff goes downhill and I
>
> yes, but these DLLs aren't relocatable, so even if it succeed it will crash
> soon :(

ah yeah that explains some of the results i got while trying to hack
around this stuff in MPlayer ;)