[MPlayer-users] Problems compiling Multiple versions on my duron system.

Rando Christensen rando at babblica.net
Tue Dec 10 20:34:06 CET 2002

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:25:13 +0100: Dominik Mierzejewski (Dominik
Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org>):
> Strange, very strange. Take a look at your generated config.mak and
> check if OPTFLAGS are defined. Or better yet, attach full ./configure
> output and config.mak. I still maintain something is wrong on your
> system. If it weren't so, many more people would've complained
> already.

Here's what's really odd:

CFLAGS='-march=i686 -mcpu=i686' ./configure

worked. Everything built perfectly. (And on my previous machine config,
the duron 800 that it worked on, i /did/ set cflags). Very strange,
indeed...

I can't agree with you that there's something wrong on my system, as
i've tried it on three fresh installs-- But i know at least my gentoo
system was unique. on the default gentoo system, everything is at least
compiled for 586.

In any case, i've attached the two files. Even though I've found my
solution, it should probably still be fixed.

--
< There is a light that shines on the frontier >
<   And maybe someday, We're gonna be there.   >