[MPlayer-users] Problems compiling Multiple versions on my duron system.

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Dec 10 20:48:03 CET 2002

On Tuesday, 10 December 2002, Rando Christensen wrote:
> Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:25:13 +0100: Dominik Mierzejewski (Dominik
> Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org>):
> > Strange, very strange. Take a look at your generated config.mak and
> > check if OPTFLAGS are defined. Or better yet, attach full ./configure
> > output and config.mak. I still maintain something is wrong on your
> > system. If it weren't so, many more people would've complained
> > already.
>
> Here's what's really odd:
>
> CFLAGS='-march=i686 -mcpu=i686' ./configure
>
> worked. Everything built perfectly. (And on my previous machine config,
> the duron 800 that it worked on, i /did/ set cflags). Very strange,
> indeed...
>
> I can't agree with you that there's something wrong on my system, as
> i've tried it on three fresh installs-- But i know at least my gentoo
> system was unique. on the default gentoo system, everything is at least
> compiled for 586.
>
> In any case, i've attached the two files. Even though I've found my
> solution, it should probably still be fixed.

Hmmm. Your configure log says:
[...]
MPlayer compilation will use the CFLAGS set by you, but:

    *** ***  DO NOT REPORT BUGS IF IT DOES NOT COMPILE/WORK!  *** ***

It is strongly recommended to let MPlayer choose the correct CFLAGS!
To do so, execute 'CFLAGS= ./configure <options>'
[...]
Why don't you try what it suggests?

I'm guessing that you have CFLAGS variable set in your environment, not
even knowing it.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/