[MPlayer-users] Vobsub format .IFO files no longer needed

bjobson glay.org bjobson at glay.org
Wed Dec 11 05:15:02 CET 2002

I've been having trouble getting it to work. I've never tried using rar'ed subs before. I've always passed -vobsub and -vobsubid #. I couldn't spot anything in the documentation or the faqs about using rar'ed subs except for a note in menecoder docs about how to create them. Can someone give me a kick in the right direction?

If it helps, here's an example of the files I have.

tlr-postx.avi     - The video.

tlr-postx.rar     - Rar containing the following two files:

tlr-postx.idx
tlr-postx.sub

I've tried using -vobsub and -vobsubid, the error I get is always:

Playing tlr-postx.avi
Can't open IFO fileDetected AVI file format!

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious and simple but I can't seem to grok it.

Thanks again