[MPlayer-users] Re: [Mplayerxp-general] radeon vidix pink output

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Wed Dec 11 18:19:03 CET 2002

Hello, Thomas!

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 01:12:11 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an ATI Radeon QW (All In Wonder 7500). The XVIDIX delivered
> with Mplayer only shows pink output.
>
> I applied the patch suggested in:
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-December/025018.htm
>
> Which left me with 8 pink vertical lines on the right. The appended
> Patch should fix this too by shifting the output back to the left.
>
> I believe this was induced after these mails:
> http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-August/020093.html
>
> And can only guess that the QW needs to be shifted to the right
> By 8 while the QL does not...
>
> Perhaps you can look into this, Nick?
>
> Thanks
> 	Thomas

[snip]
Your patch doesn't solve the problem - it disables color key only that's not good. :(

If you are really interesting with improving of this driver then please perform
the next steps:
1. download the latest mplayerxp shanpshot at:
http://mplayerxp.sourceforge.net/mplayerxp-cvs.tar.gz

2. apply to it shift_fix.diff (see attach) SHOULD WORK for you!

3. apply to it ckey_fix.diff (see attach) MAY WORK but MAY NOT work for you!

Anyway please tell me the results of your experiments!

WBR! Nick