[MPlayer-users] Green Screen with xmga

XI xizard at enib.fr
Thu Dec 12 17:48:02 CET 2002

aladdin at altern.org wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I followed the tutorial to install and configure /dev/mga_vid, I have tested with mga_test in drivers/ it works great and video too but when I reboot and load a video I have a green screen.
>
> I have done :
> cd drivers
> mknod /dev/maga c 178 0
> insmod mga_vid.o mga_ram_size=16
> I have upgrade /etc/modules.conf, I have for mga modules:
> options mga mga
> alias char-major-178 mga_vid
>
> I have copied mga_vid.o to /lib/modules/2.4-18bf24/
> and I have typed depmod -a
> It works great ! but when I reboot, I have a green screen instead of video.
>
> when I type lsmod :
> I have mga and mga_vid 8256 0 (autoclean)
>
> What can I do ?

I beliewe (not sure) that with latest kernel release, you don't have to
make the "mknod /dev/maga c 178 0". It was the cause of the problem for
me (kernel 2.4.8 from mdk).
I can use mga_vid module by just compiling it and doing insmod mga_vid.o

Other information: For me it works only on the AGP card, not on the G200
PCI (whereas Xv works). What kind of card do you have? If its a
dual-head, do the problem occurs on both head?

Regards,
			Xavier