[MPlayer-users] Bug Report

Addae Headley addaeheadley at rogers.com
Fri Dec 13 17:40:02 CET 2002

hlt_bug		: no
sep_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: yes
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 mmx
bogomips	: 399.76

Video: ATI All-in-Wonder (Mach 64) 4MB (DRAM?)
Driver: X built-in driver
Sound: Creative SB16 with kernel OSS drivers

PROBLEM: no framedropping with -vo vesa output in version > 0.90pre5.

BRIEFLY: 'mplayer -vo vesa -framedrop mymovie.avi' does not seem to drop frames in versions above 0.90pre5

I'm probably one of the few users that relies on the framedropping feature of MPlayer.

I have a P200MMX and as of MPlayer-0.90pre5 have been enjoying many fullscreen DIVX movies using your speedy vesa output with -framedrop enabled. With 0.90pre5, playback is excellent when on-screen movement is reasonlable and when on-screen movement is excessive -framedrop keeps the audio and video in sync by dropping frames.

When playing movies from the command line using the vesa output mode for 0.90pre6 to 0.90rc1 and the -framedrop flag, framedropping does not seem to happen causing large A/V sync problems very quickly. The video crawls along frame by frame and the audio takes off at normal speed. The flag -hardframedrop produces the same result only with major image distortion. I should note that using the -vo xv output mode, framedropping behaves as it should, but the speeds of playing video in X (for me) are not acceptable.

I have therefore been forced to keep version 0.90pre5 on my machine when I would love to have the latest, greatest build.

Thank you for reading my request.

//Addae