[MPlayer-users] "-aop list=surround" is slooooooow!

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Dec 14 19:13:02 CET 2002

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:11:51 +0100
bilboen <bilboen at online.no> wrote:

> How come "-aop list=surround" slow things down to about 50% of normal speed?
> The CPU usage is ~ 0.5%, so cpu usage is not an issue.

There is something called I/O usage. Todays PCs limit is not the CPU,
infact their CPU is too fast for most users, but the I/O performance
is that bad, that they cant feed their CPUs with enough data or,
like in your case, the CPU cant get the data out fast enough.

Yes, that's the reason why people who know real hardware call
PC crap. And that's the reason why a 10 year old ultra 1 can
still be faster for I/O intensive applications than a brand new PC.

		Attila Kinali

--
He! Do sitzed jo Fraue wo i nöd kenne! Was mached die do ?
		-- Emi im ETZ