[MPlayer-users] wmplayer error message

Dave Veeneman dveeneman at cinci.rr.com
Sun Dec 15 02:46:02 CET 2002

Hi, wmp 8.00.00.4477 on XP.  When I open it, it briefly says loading..., then 3 windows (hidden under each other I think)  with this error message on the banner, "Window media player error", then this text, "This is where the problem and the solution goes (ErrorCode; ExtraInfo)".  When I play a mp3 or video file, everything is fine.  However, when I try to download streaming audio (not sure about video), I get this same error window and it won't play the audio although I get a window/skin that looks as if it would but no sound.  Any ideas? The XP version I have is a beta version not upgradable to SP1.  Maybe I need to fork out the $$ for a registry key #?