[MPlayer-users] SP5X_32 codec - same "Error decompressing frame"

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Thu Dec 19 02:10:05 CET 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, flier wrote:

> is sp5x_32.dll supported with mplayer ? I tried copying it to
> /usr/lib/win32 but I get this error:
> Error decompressing frame, err=-2
> Error decompressing frame, err=-224%
> and many more of these...

I'm having the same problem. My avis are from the BenQ DC1300 camera.
'flier' - are yours from the Aiptek? Have you got it talking to Linux?

What is the best way to convert these to something mplayer can handle?

The codec sp5x_32.dll (131072 bytes) is the latest from the BenQ website,
and the same as in the w32codec-0.90 bundle.

Georg Brand also asked about this in September.
Has the codec ever worked in mplayer? It is included. Will an older
version of mplayer or the codec do it?

In /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf:

  videocodec sp5x
  info "SP5x codec - used by Aiptek MegaCam"
  status working
  fourcc SP53,SP54,SP55,SP56,SP57,SP58
  driver vfw
  dll "sp5x_32.dll"
  out BGR24,BGR15

--
    One seldom sees a monument to a committee.