[MPlayer-users] menu, open files and links

Jakob Lenfers mails at jl42.de
Mon Dec 23 13:46:02 CET 2002

Hi!

I tried out the new OSD-menu-feature of mplayer and tried without need
to open a file in the menu. If I try to navigate a directory with a link
mplayer crashes, or perhaps not crashes, it thinks it has to play the
link and says it has no codec for it.

,----
| Spiele /home/pub/video/SG-1
| =========== Sorry, das Dateiformat/Codec wird nicht unterstützt ==============
| ============== Sollte dies ein AVI, ASF oder MPEG Stream sein, ===============
| ================== dann kontaktiere bitte den Author =========================
`----

I'm sorry, I've compiled mplayer with german language, I'll try to
tranlate it:

,----
| playing /home/pub/video/SG-1
| sorry, filetype/codec not supported
| If this is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author
`----

My System is an Debian Woody, I made the .deb with following options:
,----
| export DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="--language=de --enable-gui \
| --enable-largefiles --enable-freetype --enable-new-conf --enable-menu"
| fakeroot debian/rules binary
`----

Athlon Thunderbird 800, 1GB RAM, Matrox G400 DH (Dualhead deaktivated).
I'm using the xmga vo, if its of interest. Do you need more information?
This bug doesnt disturbs me, but i thought you would like to know.

BTW: Great idea with the OSD menu, i don't know if I'll have use for it,
     but I like it. :-) Thanks for this great work on mplayer!

Jakob, hoping his english is understandable :)
--
(setq gnus-posting-styles '(
 ((message-mail-p)