[MPlayer-users] Re: Altivec IDCT & audio un-sync problem

Zsolt Kiraly zskiraly at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 23 19:02:18 CET 2002

Hi Devros,

Thanks for the tip. I tried it, and the audio and video were in sync
this time. But there were way too many frames dropped. So many that the
movie was not enjoyable. And even though I used the -vc ffmpeg12
option, mplayer still said that it could not find an accelerated IDCT.

And all this on a 1Ghz G4. And the maddening thing is that VideoLan
plays dvds perfectly on the same machine. Someone needs to look at the
VideoLan source and see how they do it on the Mac.

Zsolt