[MPlayer-users] simultaneous multiple video output?

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Wed Dec 25 13:25:02 CET 2002

Hi,

Is it possible to have one instance of mplayer output on multiple video devices
simultaenously?  For instance, I would like to output via SDL to my monitor,
but also via DXR3 to the television in the other room.  Or, to all four video
cards in a display hub system.

The idea is that the sound comes from one source, but the video is displayed
on a number of sources.  Currently, I try to run a few mplayer processes
side by side, each displaying to a different device and with sound disabled
on all but one, but eventually sync problems inevitably crop up.

Also, what about stretching a mplayer output across multiple framebuffer
devices?

Thanks... sorry if this is a RTFM, but I did read TFM, or at least everything
I could find.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253