[MPlayer-users] simultaneous multiple video output?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Dec 28 01:28:02 CET 2002

On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 12:23:50PM +0000, Ryan Underwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have one instance of mplayer output on multiple video devices
> simultaenously?  For instance, I would like to output via SDL to my monitor,
> but also via DXR3 to the television in the other room.  Or, to all four video
> cards in a display hub system.
>
> The idea is that the sound comes from one source, but the video is displayed
> on a number of sources.  Currently, I try to run a few mplayer processes
> side by side, each displaying to a different device and with sound disabled
> on all but one, but eventually sync problems inevitably crop up.
>
> Also, what about stretching a mplayer output across multiple framebuffer
> devices?
>
> Thanks... sorry if this is a RTFM, but I did read TFM, or at least everything
> I could find.

GGI supports using multiple devices together as one for huge tiled
displays, so you could try getting libggi and using -vo ggi for
multo-fb display. I doubt you'll find any easy way to do this with
your DXR3 though. Perhaps it could be done with a special hacked-in
video filter in mplayer to split the output to two vo drivers at once.

Rich