[MPlayer-users] Best way to always scale+expand to 640x480?

Ed Fisher gleam at debacle.org
Sat Dec 28 09:18:01 CET 2002

Yes, scale=640:-2 works perfectly.

Now on to the second question.  When I use -vop expand and -subpos 100
(or 90) the subtitles display about 80% of the way down the movie, not
the entire visible area.  That is, the subtitles always overlap with the
video (which I'd like to avoid).

Even more unfortunate, the parts of the subtitles that end up in the
expanded (black) area never get cleared from the screen, so each
subtitle overlaps with the previous subtitles.  Here's a screenshot:

http://debacle.org/~gleam/mplayer-subs-expand.jpg

relevant options (in .mplayer/config)

vo=x11
vop=expand=640:480,scale=640:-2
sws=2
subpos=100
nooverlapsub=yes

Any ideas?

-gleam

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 09:03:34AM +0100, Balatoni Denes spake thus:
> Hi!
>

> Shouldn't that be scale=640:-2 ?
>
> > I tried -vop expand=640:480,scale=640:-1 but that didn't work--it simply
> > retained the source movie's height, rather than automatically scale,
> > say, scale a 576x320 movie to 640x352 (and then the expand would stretch
> > it to 640x480).
>
> Denes

It's a good thing we don't get all the government we pay for.