[MPlayer-users] Best way to always scale+expand to 640x480?

Ed Fisher gleam at debacle.org
Sun Dec 29 09:56:02 CET 2002

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 02:16:30AM -0600, Ed Fisher spake thus:

> Now on to the second question.  When I use -vop expand and -subpos 100
> (or 90) the subtitles display about 80% of the way down the movie, not
> the entire visible area.  That is, the subtitles always overlap with the
> video (which I'd like to avoid).
>
> Even more unfortunate, the parts of the subtitles that end up in the
> expanded (black) area never get cleared from the screen, so each
> subtitle overlaps with the previous subtitles.  Here's a screenshot:
>
> http://debacle.org/~gleam/mplayer-subs-expand.jpg
>
> relevant options (in .mplayer/config)
>
> vo=x11
> vop=expand=640:480,scale=640:-2
> sws=2
> subpos=100
> nooverlapsub=yes
>
> Any ideas?

Should I just submit this as a formal bug report?  It seems strange.
Also, does anyone know why the expanded area with -vo xv is grey now,
but with -vo sdl and -forcexv it's black?

-gleam

--
Just remember: when you go to court, you are trusting your fate to
twelve people that weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty!