[MPlayer-users] Xine

David Holm david at realityrift.com
Sun Feb 3 00:06:02 CET 2002

> my windows never crashed because I power off the machine. This week
> there was an electricity problem (I am from Turkey!) and linux crashed!
> I have to reinstall it..
<HINT>ext3</HINT>
> At school they want us to do our projects at linux! I am not sure why?
> Now I'm using linux and I don't why? I think(at the moment) linux should
> stay as a server.
Why? The computer market needs another big OS unless we want to wind up
without options. Linux is probably the closest you will get to a great
desktop os in the near future (not counting qnx that popped up out of
nowhere and surprised the hell out of me with it's gui and ease of use).

> Why should I read it instead of using powerdvd? Why do you do that? Why
> people develop for linux? I have lots of question about it.
Because powerdvd costs money, unless you are breaking the law...
People code for linux because it is easy, I've coded for win32, linux
and SunOS. And quite frankly nothing I've seen so far beats linux when
it comes to programming.

> To The Developers: Thanx a lot! At last I can play divx with linux..
> xine killed me this  week!(sometimes plays, some of the movies; with lot
> of effort) -I still wonder why u develop under linux?-
I still wonder why ppl use windows...

//David