[MPlayer-users] Re: Xine

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Sun Feb 3 21:10:01 CET 2002

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 11:21:51PM +0200, YUFUFI wrote:
> I installed 7 or more times redhat this week. It is no problem. I can do
> that again and again.

Maybe you should try Debian. I think I installed mine in 1997 or so.
Updates are easy.

> This very funny. Why do u say that? None of 0S' is perfect! If you're
> stuck in windows all you have to do is pressing "F1". It will help you.

It's funny that you say that. It used to be (in windows 3.1 or maybe it
was OS/2) so that you could actually get context sensitive help, i.e. if
you press F1 you'd get help on whatever had the focus. Now, at least
my Windows 98se all I get is this generic help thing which only seems
to speak in general terms, no specific help is available. Or if it is,
it's really hard to find.

> In linux??

You read the docs. If there's no docs, you bug the developers. Or ask from
other users of the same program, like on this mailing list.

> At school they want us to do our projects at linux! I am not sure why?

Maybe the school feels bad about spending (tax?) money on software,
when they can use free stuff too. Maybe you'll appreciate this when
you actually get a job and pay taxes. I know I do, here in Finland some
towns are actually planning moving to Linux to save money.