[MPlayer-users] Xine

Albino_Antonio Riganello riganell at CS.UniBO.IT
Mon Feb 4 11:18:02 CET 2002

( my written english is not so good )

Are you a children?

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, YUFUFI wrote:

> I installed 7 or more times redhat this week. It is no problem. I can do
> that again and again.
Why you did so! it's not windowz

> Linux needs a lot of time to learn how it works
Many things require time but ,the time you spend on linux , will be
usefull for you.

> I think windoz needs much more..
I think windowz needs no time, just don't use it anymore.

> my windows never crashed because I power off the machine.
My windows never crashed because I have no windows installed. ;)))

> This week there was an electricity problem (I am from Turkey!) and
> linux crashed!
You know how computers work?,they require electricity.:)
use an UPS.

> I have to reinstall it..
Use a journaling fs .

> At school they want us to do our projects at linux! I am not sure why?
Your school is OK, they hadn't to create users, but they had to create
culture, in Italy someone (millions) study Latin but no one speak Latin
anymore, it's just for culture and for opening minds , but i can
understand/speak Italian much more better ( not so for my english ), the
difference is that Linux is widely used and it will be used more and more,
moreover it's a Unix like OS ,and unix is the basis of Computer
Science,moreover Linux end his software are GNU and if you are smart
enought , you can read and modify it.

> Now I'm using linux and I don't why? I think(at the moment) linux should
> stay as a server.
I use GNU/Linux as a personal OS , and many people do the
same,if you learn how to use it, you'll can't live without.

> >>I think I should return to winxp, powerdvd, borland c++ builder instead
> >>of linux, xine(mplayer), gtk..
There are two ways of doing things:
Spend some money , buy SW and hope it works for you, if it don't, repeat
the process.
Spend some time , use your mind, learn things and it will work for you,
if it dont't, repeat the process and try to get help from people like
you.
Now you can choose.

> >If you wish so, there is noone holding you back. Linux needs a lot of time
> >to learn how it works (other unixes do need even more, especialy the comercial
> >ones) it looks for me like you didnt take this time.
> >First lesson you have to learn: THERE IS DOCUMENTATION OUT THERE, READ IT!
> >
> Why should I read it instead of using powerdvd? Why do you do that? Why
> people develop for linux? I have lots of question about it.
freedom culture indipendence fun sex drug rock&roll love & peace
or none of the above
Why I'm here?
How things work?
It's true the Universe is expanding? and why?

You are a children.
                                                       Albino Riganello
                                                   riganell at cs.unibo.it