[MPlayer-users] per-frame seeking in AVI files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Feb 6 00:19:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> I've read the docs and FAQ and know that single-frame seeking is something I
> shouldn't ask about, but I'm going to ask about it anyway. :) I *won't* ask for
> you guys to implement it for me, but the answer to the question said that it'd
> been done before and then removed.

it was LONG time ago, the core changed too lot...
anyway it was a 5-minute hack, just escaped from pause loop if space was
pressed, but keep pause flags set so after displaying a frame it got paused
again. tricky, ehh?
(and of course it was forward only)

> Is there a place where I can look at the old implementation?  Per-frame seeking
> and current frame display is crucial for the animators, though, and I'd like to
> try putting it back into our own branch of the source code. I'd need it only
> for MJPEG-A AVI files; I know that per-frame seeking gets nasty for MPEG files.

as mjpeg files have keyframes at every frame, it is possible to implement.

> Also, it was mentioned that the A-V sync was thrown off; was this true for AVI
> files as well as MPEGs?
for everything.
audio is buffered, and keep it sync with single frames played at
unpredictable speed and direction is a very bit hard.

> Thanks for the help (and the great video player!)

> pixar animation studios

what about sponsoring development? :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
"I don't RTFM? Wow. What's the meaning of this? It's new for me."
	-- Martin Baum, a tipical MPlayer user...