[MPlayer-users] Re: Ogg (divx vid + vorbis audio)? (Was divx+ogg vorbis)

Pavel Rybin pr254 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 7 19:07:01 CET 2002

> I've been following that list for a while. There won't be even an
> alpha-quality tarkin codec anytime soon.
>
> Jason

I think there is some confusion about the topic... what happened is that a
divx group released a movie that wasn't an avi, but an ogg file, with divx
video embedded into it. Obviously, the audio is ogg vorbis, but the problem
with playing the movie is not the combination of an ogg audio stream and a
divx video stream, nor tarkin video and vorbis audio, but the fact that
someone has embedded divx into an ogg file, kinda like tarkin was meant to be
embedded when it would be finished.

Pav