[MPlayer-users] Matrox G550

Geoffrey Trexler skynet at charter.net
Thu Feb 7 21:43:02 CET 2002

> > So should I buy a G450? I need a video card that is capable of playing DVD's from my PC to the TV.
>
> no. only g400's driver supports tvout
> mayeb ati radeon is better... btw this all is RTFM question ...
>

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Okay from what I've read on Xfree86.org site, the G450 & G550 use the same driver as the G400 in XFree86 4.2.0
Which in turn would mean that TV-out is supported for both the G450 & G550 under MPlayer correct?

I've also read the Doc's on the MPlayer site however they are a mess. I'm having trouble figuring out if when they mention Matrox cards they mean the whole series or a specific card....