[MPlayer-users] radeon tv out

Albino_Antonio Riganello riganell at CS.UniBO.IT
Fri Feb 8 10:43:51 CET 2002

On 7 Feb 2002, Erik Grinaker wrote:

> I'm sure you guys are pretty sick and tired of people asking about
> radeon tv out support, but I'm pretty sick and tired of playing around
> with obscure framebuffer-drivers, modeline calculations and god knows
> what. So, I thought I might as well ask...
>
> Has anyone gotten radeon video out working nicely, and how?
>
> Here's a very narrowed-down list of what I've tried ;
>
> - vesa : segfaults
The same for me it seems that vesa don't Work at all.

> - vesa:vidix : segfaults (not surprisingly), but detects radeon
same results

> - radeonfb; plays movie, but on crt port, not tv out (use fbset? how?)
I use -vo fbdev:vidix and works ,but scaling is not good, but usefull

> - vesa:lvo:/dev/radeon_vid : segfaults
same results

> - mga:/dev/radeon_vid ; untried - should this work?
not working for me

> - svgalib: won't switch to right mode
Not tried,or domn't work I can't remember.

I use XFree and works well for me

> I have not tried XFree, but I'm trying to get this to work on a server
I don't belive Xfree can't be used on a well firewalled server.

I used tv out only with mplayer 0.5-cvs-I-can't-remember-the-date
and I used fbdev ( not sure ) for output , worked but image wasn't
centered on TV (few black band on a side), an there was no way to change.

Albino