[MPlayer-users] radeon tv out

Erik Grinaker erikg at chello.no
Fri Feb 8 13:17:01 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 10:29, Albino_Antonio Riganello wrote:

> I use -vo fbdev:vidix and works ,but scaling is not good, but usefull

Hmmmm, I see. Do you use radeonfb or vesafb? I wasn't able to get
radeonfb to use tv-out port, if this is what you used then how did you
activate the tv-out? On vesa; what modeline did you use?

> I use XFree and works well for me
> I don't belive Xfree can't be used on a well firewalled server.

No, you're right, but it's also quite a bit of local exploits for it, so
if someone cracks any of my other services, they could use XFree to gain
r00t. I have done my best to secure the system, but I'm a bit reluctant
to install XFree.

--

Erik Grinaker
UNIX/Linux systems consultant

"Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
rather when there is nothing more to take away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry