[MPlayer-users] audio output is broken on powerpc

paul.stoeber at stud.tu-ilmenau.de paul.stoeber at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Tue Feb 12 15:39:01 CET 2002

> Is this patch the fix or just the change to make it write to /var/log/sound?

That's not a fix.  Only the /var/log/sound stuff.  Sorry that
I haven't made it clearer.  I wrote the patch mainly for myself
to establish that the bug is in the mpeg audio decoder, not
in my /dev/dsp driver.

It might be best to forget the patch and start talking about the output
of `-ao pcm' when `-ao pcm' is fixed (it sleeps too much,
video drops from smooth (-ao null) to 2 frames/sec (-ao pcm)).
`-ao pcm' would be a much better debugging tool than personal
patches like mine.

Concerning the faulty audio decoder:
I would suspect that there's is hidden endianness dependency in
a piece of code that sould be portable?
Or maybe a compiler error?  I use debian potato's
	gcc version 2.95.2 20000220

-paul