[MPlayer-users] Resizing annoyance...

Markus Schneider schneid at cs.uni-bonn.de
Wed Feb 13 03:00:01 CET 2002

Thanks for the reply.

Some ideas:
1) Use NVIDIAs TwinView to enable the TV-Out as a seperate xinerama
screen.  Then you  have one "XDisplay" that is two screens wide and can
have the CRT at 1024x768 and TV at 800x600.  Tell mplayer to display on
the 2nd screen (-xineramascreen 1) and it will display only on the TV
screen and will detect 800x600 so full screen will work properly.

I think this won't work with Geforce 1 cards, will it? As far as I remember this only works for Geforce 2 MX cards...

2) With your prepared 800x600 XF86Config, you can start a second
instance of the XServer running with that config, without having to stop
your first instance.  "startx -- :1 -xf86config
/etc/X11/myTVOutXF86Config".  This is much more convienient.  You can
switch back and forward with Ctrl+Alt+F8 and Ctrl+Alt+F7, and with the
-xf86config switch you don't have to swap config files around in
/etc/X11 either.

Didn't know that one. Thanks.

3) With your current setup, use -screenw and -screenh to override the
screen size detection, this should make -fs display 800x600 even though
the virtual resolution is greater.

Hey, I will try this one later.