[MPlayer-users] Resizing annoyance...

dan carter dcarter at waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Wed Feb 13 03:38:02 CET 2002

Markus Schneider wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> > Some ideas:
> > 1) Use NVIDIAs TwinView to enable the TV-Out as a seperate xinerama
> > screen.
>
> I think this won't work with Geforce 1 cards, will it? As far as I
> remember this only works for Geforce 2 MX cards...

Ahh you are right.  But i mixed two issues into one.  Having TV-Out as a
2nd screen running concurently with xinerama does require a Geforce2MX
or similar.  So this wont help the screen resolution problem on an older
card.

Enabling TV-Out is a seperate configurartion issue.  And you should be
able to do this in your x86config file for an older nvidia card
See appendix J in the nvidia readme
http://205.158.109.140/XFree86_40/1.0-2313/README.txt
However this probably wont gain you anything over the tool you are
currently using to do this.

Good luck with the other options...