[MPlayer-users] dvdkey option

Tim U. mplayer at tetro.net
Thu Feb 14 15:09:01 CET 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 11:43:18AM +0100, Samuel Maftoul wrote:
> Because my DVD reader is slow , and I wanted to test mencoder
> performances, withoud DVD .
> Then I'll check for readahead value , speed , /proc/ide/hdc/settings...
> I already played a bit with this values , but didn't really much better
> performances , I jumped from 6 frame to 9 , but top tells me It uses 40
> % of my cpu and not more ( around 60% idle )

Try this:

mplayer -dvd 1 -dumpstream

That will do all the necessary DVD authentication and descrambling
using libdvdread/libdvdcss and write the whole fricken' stream
to the file "stream.dump".  Now you have an unencrypted VOB file
of the whole movie to do whatever you want with.

... except the subtitles display in black instead of white.. I
read that someone wrote a patch so that you could specify an IFO
file to read subtitle settings from.. I think I'll cvs update -dP
and look for it.

   - Tim