[MPlayer-users] new option -xinerama

Brian J. Murrell fadbe046a44510bcdd89b85b11876ae5 at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Feb 14 22:59:02 CET 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:09:53PM +0100, Alban Bedel wrote:
> Hi Tom Bednarchuk,
>
> on Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:29:43 -0500 you wrote:
>
> > I'd like to be able to play video on display0 and control it from the console on display1. Possible ?
>
> Yes, in this config you have two X server (for exemple :0.0 and :0.1) use the display
> option or change your $DISPLAY to the target display.

You missed reading the question completely.  He wants the gui on one
screen and the actual movie to play on the other screen.  This is not
easy to do.  Once an application is "attached" to a display, it is
difficult to move it to another display becase (from what I
understand) all of the resources of the application are "tied" to the
display it started on.

What the user really wants is a Xinerama-aware window manager.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell