[MPlayer-users] Which card should I buy for TV-out?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Feb 17 00:49:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> So what card would you buy?
> It must be cheap (under $100), must have TV-out support under linux,
> and it should be faster tha g400 (but this is not the most important).
why do you want to replace it?
i'm sure it's impossible to buy a better card for <$100 than your g400.
(i think it's dualhead so you have tv-out now)

> My first choice was the ATI Radeon VE, but the MPlayer DOCS says that
> therewon't be TV-out support for it, and than that Radeons have TV-out
> support.
> so what's the truth?
there IS tv-out support, but it's a big hack (calls realmode int 10h VESA
calls to enable it) so it works only for VESA modes (and -vo vesa).
dunno about X, i've heard something about GATOS using this hack, without it
it's impossible. (while for G400 there is tvout support in X)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team