[MPlayer-users] Which card should I buy for TV-out?

Szabolcs Berecz szabi at mplayer.dev.hu
Sun Feb 17 01:09:53 CET 2002

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Arpi wrote:

> why do you want to replace it?
> i'm sure it's impossible to buy a better card for <$100 than your g400.
> (i think it's dualhead so you have tv-out now)
no, it's a pure singlehead, w/ 16MB.

btw, I saw an "extension" for this card at matrox.com, that's a dualhead
patch, but I dunno where can I buy it.
hmm. and I need another card, because I want to eat my S3 trio32 card.
I'm so hungry.

> there IS tv-out support, but it's a big hack (calls realmode int 10h VESA
> calls to enable it) so it works only for VESA modes (and -vo vesa).
> dunno about X, i've heard something about GATOS using this hack, without it
> it's impossible. (while for G400 there is tvout support in X)
hmm. what about ATI rage128? it's slower than g400, but what about the
video quality? it has TV-out, BES, and iDCT, right?

Bye,
Szabi