[MPlayer-users] DISTRO

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Feb 18 11:53:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> > Question to developers , which distro are you using ?
> > Im not asking which is the best  (pointless)
> > I just want to have a view :)
> Currentlly slackware 8, slackware was my first distro (a little hardcore for
>  somebody
> how knew nothing about unix ;) ) then RedHat, Mandrake (easier to learn), th
> en
> slackare, debian for a few month, Vector (a small distro) and finnaly slackw
> are 8. As
> you can see slackware is my choice, because as soon as you understanded how
> the system work it's a simple, clean, complete and efficient distro. In the
> distros I know
> it's the only one where this 4 adjectives apply :)
> 	Albeu
> PS: I'm not saying salckware is the best, I justify my choice :)

hehe :)
i'm also slackware fan, and using slack 8.0 + many stuff from sources.
when i started with linux (~6 years ago) i tried to install redhat 7 times.
all time it failed (not enough disk space :), not working programs etc)
finally i got a slack 3.4 cd and it worked at first installation and i used
it for a long time. i also tested corel, debian, redhat (later), suse but my
main system is still slackware and i don't think i'll change. maybe to LFS.

anyway, just to reduce this thread:
lgb, pontscho, szabi: debian
gabucino: lfs :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team