[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD subtitles problem, false report or still a bug?

Paul Ortyl ortylp at 3miasto.net
Mon Feb 18 13:40:02 CET 2002

A'rpi wrote:

>> If there only was a way for dumping the dvd subtitles to some plain format
>> for reuse with divx...

> it needs some specuial OCR soft...
> i'm interested in such app too, but i have bo idea about handling italic
> characters. we should get some windows dvd sub ripping proggys source and
> port it to linux.

Try to look at GPL'ed OCR software at:

http://altmark.nat.uni-magdeburg.de/~jschulen/ocr/

There is possibility of using it as a library.  As far as the number of
fonts is limited it may be (maybe not the best, but) a good choice...

	Paul

--
Paul Ortyl <mailto:ortylp at 3miasto.net>
  Technical University of Gdansk, Telecommunications Faculty