[MPlayer-users] Playlist support - flashing desktop

Tom Bednarchuk tom.bednarchuk at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 22 05:38:02 CET 2002

I've been noticing that with the playlist as it is (rev. 0.6), that the player window closes after each clip and then re-initializes for the next clip. If you're in fullscreen, you will get a brief glimpse of the desktop, then the next clip plays. I took a quick look into the code and it seems that there are calls to uninit_vcodec, free_demuxer, free_stream, and sub_free , then a goto play_next_file where I imagine it's all set up again.

Could the order of these lines be reordered so that the clips would not have the flash of the desktop or is there something else I am missing from my admittedly quick look at the code ?

TIA

Tom