[MPlayer-users] DivX 4.x encoding questions

René Bartsch rene at bartschnet.de
Sat Feb 23 13:18:02 CET 2002

Contrast and lighting is not business of the codec but of the player/encoder.

You have to use preprocess filters to adjust (or the numeric keys when playing with mplayer -> RTFM)

2/3-pass-encoding qualitiy is awful. I've stepped back to 1-pass. As for 2-pass tries to reach about 750 kbit instead of possible
850 kbit on a CD you waste much qualitiy.

Rene