[MPlayer-users] DivX 4.x encoding questions

Ralph Slooten ralph at delrom.ro
Sat Feb 23 14:37:01 CET 2002

René Bartsch wrote:
> Contrast and lighting is not business of the codec but of the player/encoder.
>
> You have to use preprocess filters to adjust (or the numeric keys when playing with mplayer -> RTFM)

I did RTFM, and now I see it does work, but not with the SDL fullscreen
mode (brightness and contast). Any ideas about this one? DivX 3 works
fine adjusting these values in fs mode with SDL.

> 2/3-pass-encoding qualitiy is awful. I've stepped back to 1-pass. As for 2-pass tries to reach about 750 kbit instead of possible
> 850 kbit on a CD you waste much qualitiy.

Oh? I find it to be at least 2ce as good, especially with fast moving
scenes. As for the 750kbit and 850kbit, I would think that this would
totally rely on how long your film is, ans not just a fixed variable for
the length of a CD. Or are you aiming at stating that when you try get a
650MB cd it produces a file of 550MB or so?

Greetings
Ralph

--
Homepage: http://www.tuxpower.f2s.com/