[MPlayer-users] Playing on specifc Xinerama screen with latest CVS

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jan 1 17:22:12 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > And you were right, there is a bug somewhere in the mga system...
> > > it crashed while i was resizing the window... now I have to reboot
> > > and have to find out what happend *GRMPF*
> >
> > crashed kernel or X ?
>
> Mplayer crashed with a sig11. I didnt take it serious, just made
strange. can you send gdb log?

> a note that i should look what happend until i realized that
> mga_vid was left open. This means now, that i cant watch anything
> neither with mga nor xv and i also cant unload mga_vid because
> MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT wasn't called.

> There isn't a possibility to force mga_vid to decrement the usage counter ?

mga_vid decrement it if its close() is called. and the kernel closes all
devices when the opener process dies (eg. sig11)

so it's really strange!

i simply can't reproduce, if i kill -9 mplayer then mga_vid is closed
properly, use count reset to 0.

are you using my (mplayer cvs) mga_vid, or some other mutations (oms,
avifile)

> BTW: This isn't a formal bug report
agree :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team